1. My favorite –Watch the Wishes Fireworks from the beach of the Polynesian Resort! This little gem is responsible for some of my favorite fireworks memories. Bring a blanket, hang in the comfy chairs, or snuggle together in a hammock! Bonus: some nights, the fireworks are followed by a water parade! Not staying at the Polynesian? Well, don't worry, you can take a boat ride from Magic Kingdom or do a bus transfer from any park.
2. Find your wild side – Check out the animals at the Animal Kingdom Lodge! There are so many viewing platforms at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the best part is that there are cast members around to answer questions about the
animals (check on hours with the resort). If it's nighttime, why not relax in front of the fire and play games or pick up a s'mores kit in the gift shop?
3. Take in a movie – Movies Under the Stars at Fort Wilderness Resort! Enjoy a sing-along and complimentary, family friendly, movie. The festivities start at the campfire area near the Meadow Trading Post with a sing-along featuring
Chip and Dale. Then, stick around for the movie on a large outdoor screen, but don't forget to pick-up snacks or marshmallows at the resort gift shop!
4. Relax and take in the views–Port Orleans Riverside. At the Riverside's Magnolia Bend section, behind the Acadian House, you can find a lovely Butterfly Garden with gorgeous views. Not exciting enough? Why not play a rousing game
of cricket or spend some time in the playground on Ol' Man Island!
5. For the young at heart–Watch the Wishes Fireworks from the top of the Top of the World Lounge! Plan a nice dinner or simply hang out in the lounge area for a great view of the fireworks and the rest of the Disney skyline.
What are some of your favorite and free things to do in Disney? Share them in the comments!